Mar 31, 2011

Resolve

resolve

As Xendex, Daleanus, Andigo and Kalluf were walking towards Falco, Andigo having to walk some distance in the front. Kalluf curiously asked Lord Xendex:

-Does curse vary to each person?
(How well the question was placed: 49 / Xendex throws a resistance to check how much he will hide from an innocent individual asking about something he need to know for his security: 74) 
-I`m not sure. For now keep this walking distance. I am sure he can tell you more himself based on his own experience.
(fail)

After a short introduction between everybody and satisfactory answers form Kalluf and Andigo on the topic of their readiness to do something for themselves, the pleasant atmosphere was shattered when Lord Xendex asked Falco to reveal how much money he stashed and where it is.
- That's gone!  I sent it off with the pirates when I heard you were coming.  But even if I had it still I wouldn't tell you where it is.
(acting : 51 / Xendex throws a resistance check to acting: 45)
Xandex rolls his eyes, not wanting to argue with Falco
(semi fail)

As Xendex kept explaining the importance of the mission to persuade Falco to tell about the money, Falco interrupted him asking why Xendex thinks he would be willing to risk his life for the interests of wealthy merchants, as all he wants is to have a permission to come home if he wanted and there is sure something else he could do instead of attacking some new Evil threat.
- There's a reason why I left my father's house when I was ten.  You know, Lord Xendex that I don't trust your class of society.  Xendex you're a joke.  You can send these two to die but, I'm not going!
(propaganda +35: 87 / Xendex throws a resistance check not to hit Falco on the spot: 77)
Falco`s word make a big impression on everybody around, and Xendex is obviously angry.
(success)

The atmosphere is now changed to one of more equality instead of one telling the other what to do. Kalluf jumps in with a question:
- What other risks are you not telling us?
(Presence check: 58 / Xendex rolls propaganda +55: 42)
- There may be many dangers. The road to Iho is long and dangerous...there are wild animals and barbarians...who knows...
(fail)
- You must think we are expenduble!, Kalluf said, as he thought of the word which sounds very smart.
(General roll: 14)
But he didn’t say it the right way. Daleanus and Andigo quietly giggled.
(big fail)

Falco decided to risk and act as he is leaving as these two are no help: one is not speaking at all and the other one is just a stupid fighter. He hopes Xendex and Daleanus will ask him to stay and offer something. He trips and falls on his head, breaking his nose.
(acting: 03 low open ended, 93: total -90)

Daleanus comes to help his cousin and after few warm words Falco accepts to go on the quest. He tells Xendex he has about 400 gold in his stash, but he has to keep at least 100 for the future, and 300 can go for hiring barbarians. Xendex accepts and promises he will add 300 of his own money.

Andigo says:
- I believe you tripped on your own this time, sorry if you think its my bad luck. By the way, can I get a walking staff of some sort? If you say I am a magician to be and not a cursed soul as I think I am, I`m going to need some sort of a staff.
(begging +50 bonus for not asking more questions: 40)
- Well...I think I saw a nice staff in the hand of that priest who wanted to throw you off the cliff, Xandex said...its only fair you know take something of his. Just don’t kill anybody.
(success)

/the prologue will continue/

No comments:

Post a Comment